Sunday, August 28, 2011

Milestones

It has been a long time since I posted last and I apologize. Since last checking in I have reached quite a few milestones along the trail. To name a few: first state down, completed the White Mountains, one month on the trail, and crossed the 500 mile mark. Since I am doing the trail south the terrain becomes smoother once past New Hampshire's White Mountains. This means the miles and states will start to come faster and I'll be closer and closer to home! Having to out run hurricane Irene to town has made for an exciting last few days but after hiking 35 miles in a day 8 of which were in the dark and spending a night out in the rain I am out of the woods and in town for the worst of it. Even got a hitch into town in the back of a police cruiser! Thanks to every one for the prayers and support. They were needed. I'll write again as soon as I can but getting an Internet connection in some of these towns can be difficult sometimes. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my camera cord so I can upload them.

Until next time,
Colby

No comments:

Post a Comment